Turbo Snail Demo Game Turbo Snail Demo Game

Gems stop you from moving, WAY too much sliding around, retry doesn't work, stock shit music, stretched, irrelevant background, shitty object. Delete this now, please.

romdtb responds:

check the second demo of this game!

!BETA! little bullet hell !BETA! little bullet hell

Unfinished games are not for newgrounds, they're for your Dumping Grounds. Third icon from the left next to your account on the top of the page.

Spwars Spwars

I don't understand anything about this game... All I know is I can't see anything except flashy bubbles. I don't know how to shoot. I press the right mouse button and the default box pops up for Windows. I press the LEFT one, and two bubbles from the sides of the screen hit whatever the hell it is I'm controlling. I keep getting hit by the green disc fuckers who seem to be what I'm trying to kill, but I haven't died yet. It's still on as I type this. REALLY needs a LOT of fixing.

Thing-Thing Arena Pro Thing-Thing Arena Pro

Wasn't the thing thing arena that I know and love, but it's still a great game.

Segway of the Dead Segway of the Dead

Holy shit! This is twenty times, or more, better than Road of the Dead. The new 2d camera allowed for much better concentration, the jumping after you upgrade the tires is extremely useful, and the scream is the greatest weapon I've ever seen in a flash game.
The boss battles were just the right shade of challenging, with a perfectly portioned side of BADASS! That fucking 20 foot tall mutant was hard as shit, though.
MAKE MORE!

Bottle Ninja Bottle Ninja

Tough love! NO OFFENSE MEANT BY THIS...
Your control explanation is completely wrong, the game is WAAAY too easy, and it's generally choppy and unpleasing to look at. Here's a list to help you.
- Buttons, not plain text, please.
-Smaller targets. I could swipe the screen constantly and only die if I hit dynamite, which I can see fairly easily.
- FIX DESCRIPTION. Says "left click for slow motion" when it's actually "left click to CUT."
- Sorry, but Newgrounds isn't really for beta games. Finish it first! Put it on a blog or your flash dump to have something out there.
- This game already exists in a much better form, FRUIT NINJA. You didn't even change the name, come on, dude.

HOWEVER.
Your "future updates" section gives me a hint that this could end up being a much more customization-oriented game, as opposed to fruit ninja.
"Customizable hands and weapons" sounds awesome.
"More soundtracks" means you could actually center some of your points around having awesome music no one's ever heard of - Mindthings for a zen feel, maybe? Look up his song "elle" on youtube! That's my suggestion.
"Customizable slash effects" seems to take the "unlockable slash effect" to a new level, and me likey.
"Updated graphics" is a must-have. Do this first.
Now, I've given you half a star, but know that this could be much better with some work. I'll be very happy if I see it come to fruition!

cubera responds:

I never mentioned "left click for slow motion". Did you read the instructions page?

The purpose was to make it similar to fruit ninja. Since I have seen a bunch of clones to the popular title. There's even a top 10 list to fruit ninja clones. But thanks for the response man, this was definitely a detailed response and of course I take no offense to constructive criticism because it points out the flaws to the game which need improvement. It was originally a rushed project since the game was built in 2-3 days, but I will definitely take your advice to make it better.

Also I'm not sure what you meant by "click to cut". When you do a slicing gesture, it cuts the bottle. The bottles are cut based on the length of cut aligned to the vertical angle of the cut portioned to the bottle. I did allow people to kind tap on the screen when dynamite appears since there can be overlap between dynamite and bottles.

Virtual Baby Instrument Virtual Baby Instrument

It's alright. The "clicking one side to go up and one to go down" is inconsistent and a bit annoying. A slider bar would be much easier on the player. Otherwise, it's an ok little thing. Not really an instrument, but more of on "ambience machine."

Slime Laboratory Slime Laboratory

Hmmm... Looks a LOT like something Nitrome would make. BUT, that said, this is a well-made game. I know it's not a Nitrome game because there was no level select. Hehe.

Talk Talk

Weeeeeird. Here's what I felt throughout playing this.
Okay, strange picture... maybe I move? Collect all the coins then, I guess. Their color probably corresponds to my emotion when I speak.
(different one with uncollectable coin) Well, I'll respond angrily. ( straped in a box with lots of people outside it) I'll be neutral...
And so on. Great little art game. I thought it could be used inside a bigger game as a social system for bonus points or something. But, as an art game, there is no real meaning, so I lowered the score a bit. Keep on goin, Posh!

Old West Parking Old West Parking

I just played the first two levels, and boy do I have a lot to say.
You seem to have an alright idea. Parking games were huge in early 2001-2, and they kind of fell. Having this kind of game around (with an original idea, the wild west) is a nice thing. It's okay.

However, you have the representation of a very, very amateur game creator. I'll give you a small list.

The first thing that's blatantly obvious is the menu. The art and menu style is stereotypical. Roll the mouse over the button, choppy effect, noise that cuts off.
The music loops and never changes.
The parking spot is WAY too sensitive.
There are regular modern cars all over the place.
I got stuck and the damage meter filled up all the way and I had no way to escape it.
Have to go back to the level screen every single time you win or lose a level. Not a big deal, but annoying.
There's probably more, but I only played the first few levels.